Protective Coatings (ProCoat) is a full-service finishing company, which is committed to continually improving its job turnaround times through technology, LEAN/SIx Sigma/TOC principles, and 24 hour operations.
ProCoat’s 84,000 square foot facility, located in Kent, Washington, includes 23,000 square feet dedicated to paintable coatings. Modern spray booths utilize Grade "D" air and NESHAP approved technology to control temperature, airflow, and humidity. Our paint facility is capable of most any type of commercial or aerospace coating including DriLube, Teflon, and EMI/RFI shielding.
Shot Peening is performed in an eight foot double door automated Wheelabrator or one of numerous manual peening machines. Both complex and simple part peening is available.
Penetrant and magnetic particle inspections take place in spaces created strategically to support manufacturing and lean production practices. ProCoat employs NDT/ASNT Level III inspectors.
Our goal is outstanding customer service and our commitment is to your project deadlines.
Protective Coatings was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. in February, 2013.
ProCoat's Key Services include:
- Chemical Processing / Anodizing
- Chromic Acid Anodizing
- Boric-Sulfuric Acid Anodizing
- Sulfuric Acid Anodizing
- Coating Applications
- Zinc-Nickel Alloy Plating
- Cadmium Plating
- Dry Film Lube Application
- Complex Masking
- Shot Peen Processing
Products & Services
Services by area
- State of the art plating line includes equipment for high run barrel plating, standard racking, wiring and other methods utilized to include plating of all part configurations. Plating tank sizes are 48″ W x 96″ L x 36″ H.
- Nickel zinc alloy plating
- Cadmium plating
- Copper plating for heat treat applications
- Anodize/Conversion Coatings
- Anodize and conversion coatings are performed in accordance with strict guidelines set by worldwide recognized standards and specifications.
- Statistical process control and other best practices ensure compliance and performance in accordance to or greater than required.
- Chromic Anodize
- Boric-sulfuric acid anodizing
- Sulfuric acid anodizing
- Alodine 1200
- Alodine 1000
- Alodine 60
- Satin finish
- Directional and non-directional finishes
- Color chip matching
- Penetrant, magnetic particle and nital etch Inspections take place in spaces created strategically to support manufacturing and lean production practices.
- High sensitivity water-washable penetrant solution
- In-house ASNT level III services available
- 23,000 square feet facility dedicated to paintable coatings.
- Modern spray booths utilize NESHAP approved technology and are temperature, airflow, and humidity controlled, including Grade “D” air availability to operators.
- The paint facility is capable of most any type of commercial or aerospace coating, including:
- EMI/RFI Shielding
- Conventional type finishes
- Automated shotpeening is performed in an 8 foot double door automated Wheelabrator
- Numerous manual shotpeening machines available
- Unique low intensity shotpeening available
- ProCoat provides complex and non-complex parts peening
- Custom applications available
- Other Capabilities
- Stress relief baking up to 875 degrees F available
- White layer removal
- Titanium etch
- Electro-chem etch part marking
- Anti-corrosion compounds
- Application of sealants
- Landing Gear
- Flap Tracks
Textron - Beechcraft
Textron - Cessna
Zodiac (Heath Tecna)
Protective Coatings (ProCoat)
1208 4th Ave N
Kent, WA 98032
T: PCISales@pccaero.com (sales)